Artificial intelligence is software programs that mimic the way humans learn and solve a complex problem. These systems are different from other applications which mainly process transactions and takes decisions which are explicitly programmed. Such applications cannot learn on their own.
With the adoption of Mobile Cloud Social Media technology large amount of data has been collected and AI systems need large amount of data for learning and adoption. This may be one reason why they did not take off early. With Prime Ministers push for Digital India and Make in India significant investments have gone to build eco system on which applications can be developed.
Yes! In 10–15 years from this might actually be true! You have special kinds of locking systems been used on your phones that involve Artificial Intelligence. Homes are getting smarter than humans, Cars can drive themselves, so its safe to expect that Artificial Intelligence has come a long way after it was idea-ted.
However the future prospects of AI are more interesting:
- Automated transportation will become a common thing in the future.
- In future, humans will be able to augment themselves with robots.
- There will be more numbers of smart cities as vehicles, phones, home appliances will be run by AI.
- ‘Home robots’ will help eldery people with their day to day work.
- Robots will take over hazardous jobs like bomb defusing, welding, etc.